ArkivDigital for free Aug 27-28 2011
Between August 24th and September 4th 2011 you can buy a one year subscription for only 995 SEK approx. 158 USD (Regular price 1 195 SEK approx. 189 USD). This offer can only be purchased by private individuals.
How do I get access to ArkivDigital for free?
To gain access to ArkivDigital free over the weekend 27th to 28th August 2011 you have to do a few things. It is not difficult; just follow the steps below carefully.
- Register with us
* If you have already registered then proceed to paragraph 2.
* If you are not a registered member at our site previously, you have to do this. Go to: http://www.arkivdigital.net/users/register and fill in the information requested. Be especially careful to write the correct email address and password you choose. The password must consist of at least 6 characters.
- Install the program ADOnLine2, http://www.arkivdigital.net/products/adonline/installation. If you do not have the latest version we advise you to install it. The latest version is called 1.4.2 (rev 610). You can see which version you have if you press the Help menu and then click About in the program.
- During the installation you will be asked some questions. You must respond to them "in a positive way" and when installation is complete, you will have an icon on your desktop called “ADOnLine2”.
- Double-click the icon to start the program.
- Now the login box appears. Fill in your login information (email address and password). Be sure to enter them exactly as you did when you registered - there is an important distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters. If you get an error message regarding your email address, something is not correctly entered. Click to close the error messages and then open the log in box from the File (sv: Arkiv) menu and “Login”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and fill in your details again.
- Once you have logged in the program opens and you can start researching immediately.
- To the left you will find a list of archives. Find "your" church/archive in the list or type it directly into the search box above – the list will be filtered according to what you type. Then click on the name of the Church (parish) in the list to select.
- To the right you will find a list of volumes from your chosen parish. Look for the volume you wish to open in the list and double click it with left mouse button to open the volume.
- When the volume is opened: To browse in the volume, use the buttons -5, -1, +1 and +5 or make a specific choice in the drop-down-list between the -1 and +1-buttons.
- On the installation page you will also find a guide to the program: http://www.arkivdigital.net/download/images/manual_eng/1043/Instruktion_2011-03-10-Eng.pdf
Frequently asked questions
- Of course, we extend all current subscriptions by 2 days because of free days (27-28 August 2011).
- If you have problems with the program and want help. Explain as much about the program and the problem as you can, what version you use, what do you do and what happens? Are there any error messages and what do they say? The more you can tell us, the easier it is for us to respond quickly to you.
- If you have ”Logga in automatiskt” (Login automatically) checked and you get an error message saying “Okänd emailadress eller lösenord” (wrong e-mail address or password), click to delete the error messages and then open the login box again through File (sv: Arkiv) menu and then click “Log In”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and enter your details again.
Customer service during this weekend
We are all at the Swedish Genealogy Days fair this weekend August 27-28th. Unfortunately this will prevent us from responding to your emails as promptly as we would wish, but we promise to answer as quickly as we can. It is always best to send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few lines about what is available among our nearly 30 million images. Below you will find a summary of what has been completed during the summer and what we will concentrate on in the fall.
Completed during summer 2011
- Gävleborg, Kalmar, Kronoberg, Jönköping, Värmland and Östergötland: The church records which have been completed before 1940 are finished photographed.
- Gothenburg and Bohuslän, Skaraborg, Älvsborg: The church records which have been completed before 1940 are almost finished photographed.
- Örebro: The church records which have been completed before 1935 are finished photographed.
- Gotland and Jämtland: The church records that are completed before the 1940: Right now the parishes Alanäs to Norderö are available for Jämtland and the parishes Akebäck to Näs available for Gotland.
- Västernorrland: The church records 1895 until those that have been completed before the 1940: Right now the parishes Alnö to Multrå are available.
- Stockholm: The church records 1895 until those that have been completed before the 1940: Right now the parishes Adelsö to Malsta are available.
- Södermanland: The church records 1895 until those that have been completed before the 1935: Right now the parishes Aspö to Dunker are available.
- Blekinge, Halland, Kristianstad and Malmöhus: Inventory of the estates from the earliest times to 1800 are complete. For the period 1801-1850 the districts Albo to Oxie are accessible.
- Göta Hovrätt restored court records from the earliest times to the year 1700.
In the autumn we will continue to photograph
- The church records which have been completed before 1940 for Jämtland and Gotland.
- The church records 1895 until those that have been completed before 1935 for Södermanland.
- The church records 1895 until those that have been completed before 1940 for Blekinge, Halland, Kristianstad, Malmöhus, Stockholm and Västernorrland.
- Inventory of the estates for 1801-1850 Blekinge, Halland, Kristianstad and Malmöhus.
- Göta Hovrätt restored court records from 1701 to 1710.
- And much more!
ArkivDigital - a new look!
The success of recent years gives us an ideal opportunity to further strengthen our identity by giving our service a new graphic profile. You will notice it mostly by our new logo which we describe as follows: "The logo shows in a graphic and exciting way the combination between history and technology. The basic shape of the shield is a classic historic element which dissolves into pixels in a modern and unexpected form."
We hope that this will make it easier to recognize us wherever we will be seen in the future!