ArkivDigital for free Nov 12-13 2011
ArkivDigital is probably the largest private digital archive in Sweden related to family research and we have just passed the 31 million images from more than 127.000 volumes of church book materials among a lot of other records. This represents about 7 shelf kilometers of documents.
Free Swedish Genealogy research with ArkivDigital this weekend
During this weekend (Saturday Nov 12th until Sunday Nov 13th) we offer everyone free access to our image database. Take this opportunity to familiarize yourself with ArkivDigital and what we have to offer.
Special price on “1 Year” subscription
ArkivDigital 1 year for only 995 SEK approx. 151 USD (regular price is 1195 SEK approx. 181 USD). This is a great opportunity to subscribe to ArkivDigital for a low price and it can be purchased between November 8th and November 20th.
How do I research for free this weekend?
To gain access to ArkivDigital free over the weekend 12th to 13th November 2011 you have to do a few things. It is not difficult; just follow the steps below carefully.
- Register with us
* If you have already registered then proceed to paragraph 2.
* If you are not a registered member at our site previously, you have to do this. Go to: http://www.arkivdigital.net/users/register and fill in the information requested. Be especially careful to write the correct email address and password you choose. The password must consist of at least 6 characters.
- Install the program ADOnLine2, http://www.arkivdigital.net/products/adonline/installation. If you do not have the latest version we advise you to install it. The latest version is called 1.4.2 (rev 610). You can see which version you have if you press the Help menu and then click About in the program.
- During the installation you will be asked some questions. You must respond to them "in a positive way" and when installation is complete, you will have an icon on your desktop called “ADOnLine2”.
- Double-click the icon to start the program.
- Now the login box appears. Fill in your login information (email address and password). Be sure to enter them exactly as you did when you registered - there is an important distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters. If you get an error message regarding your email address, something is not correctly entered. Click to close the error messages and then open the log in box from the File (sv: Arkiv) menu and “Login”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and fill in your details again.
- Once you have logged in the program opens and you can start researching immediately.
- To the left you will find a list of archives. Find "your" church/archive in the list or type it directly into the search box above – the list will be filtered according to what you type. Then click on the name of the Church (parish) in the list to select.
- To the right you will find a list of volumes from your chosen parish. Look for the volume you wish to open in the list and double click it with left mouse button to open the volume.
- When the volume is opened: To browse in the volume, use the buttons -5, -1, +1 and +5 or make a specific choice in the drop-down-list between the -1 and +1-buttons.
- On the installation page you will also find a guide to the program: http://www.arkivdigital.net/download/images/manual_eng/1043/Instruktion_2011-03-10-Eng.pdf
How do I order my subscription
If you are not a registered member, you need to register at: http://www.arkivdigital.net/users/register
Once you have registered, please follow the instructions below!
If you are already registered, please log on to our website: http://www.arkivdigital.net and order your subscription by adding your subscription in the shopping basket. Go to checkout and follow the instructions there.
If you have an ongoing subscription, and you order a new one before the day your current subscription expires, your new subscription will be put on hold until your current subscription has expired.
Frequently asked questions
- Of course, we extend all current subscriptions by 2 days because of free days (Nov 12-13th 2011).
- If you have problems with the program and want help. Explain as much about the program and the problem as you can, what version you use, what do you do and what happens? Are there any error messages and what do they say? The more you can tell us, the easier it is for us to respond quickly to you. Use: email@example.com
- If you have ”Logga in automatiskt” (Login automatically) checked and you get an error message saying “Okänd emailadress eller lösenord” (wrong e-mail address or password), click to delete the error messages and then open the login box again through File (sv: Arkiv) menu and then click “Log In”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and enter your details again.