ArkivDigital for free August 25-26, 2012
Every year, at the end of August, we gather to the Swedish Genealogical days. Learn more about the genealogy days (http://www.sfd2012.se).
ArkivDigital is one of the major exhibitors and we are celebrating this year's genealogy days with an offer for everyone: "Free access to ArkivDigital this weekend!". During this weekend (Saturday August 25th until Sunday August 26th 2012, CET) we offer everyone free access to our image database. Take this opportunity to familiarize yourself with Swedish Genealogy research and what we have to offer.
Special price on “1 Year” subscription
ArkivDigital 1 year subscription for only 995 SEK, approx. 150 USD (regular price is 1195 SEK, approx. 179 USD). This is a great opportunity to subscribe to ArkivDigital for a low price and it can be purchased until September 9th 2012. There are also shorter subscription if you prefer them. Log on to our website and make the order.
Even if you have an ongoing subscription, you can take advantage of this offer. The new subscription will be on hold until your current has run out. Only then you can start the new one and you will never have duplicate subscriptions.
Some customers have experienced problem with the payment process and thus not succeeded purchasing subscriptions. The most common problem lies in the fact that the banks of our customers do not recognize our credit card payment service provider. If you experience this kind of problem, call your bank as soon as possible and let them know that you would like to go ahead with your purchase.
More than 36 million images
Our efforts to make the Swedish cultural treasure available in a good, readable condition continues and we have recently passed 36 million images. Much is available in our image database, but many things have not yet been photographed. See the coverage chart to get an overview of what is available right now. The chart is only available in Swedish.
Keep ArkivDigital online updated
All new images will be automatically available, but if you want to update to the latest version of our program, you must do this yourself. It is recommended that you install the latest version that contains fixes and enhancements. Make sure that you have the latest version of ArkivDigital online installed, http://www.arkivdigital.net/products/adonline/installation
To gain access to ArkivDigital free over the weekend August 25-26 2012 you have to do a few things. It is not difficult; just follow the steps below carefully.
- Register with us
- If you have already registered then proceed to paragraph 2.
- If you are not registered with us previously, you will have to do the following; Go to: http://www.arkivdigital.net/users/register and fill in the information requested. Be especially careful to write the correct email address and password you choose. The password must consist of at least 6 characters and/or numbers.
- Install the software ADOnLine2, http://www.arkivdigital.net/products/adonline/installation. If you do not have the latest version we advise you to install it. The latest version is called 1.4.2 (rev 610). You can see which version you have if you press the Help menu and then click About in the program.
- During the installation you will be asked some questions. You must respond to them "in a positive way" and when installation is complete, you will have an icon on your desktop called “ADOnLine2”.
- Double-click the icon to start the program.
- Now the login box appears. Fill in your login information (email address and password). Be sure to enter them exactly as you did when you registered - there is an important distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters. If you get an error message regarding your email address, something is not correctly entered. Click to close the error messages and then open the log in box from the File (sv: Arkiv) menu and “Login”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and fill in your details again.
- Start researching.
- Once you have logged in the program opens and you can start researching immediately.
- To the left you will find a list of archives. Find "your" church/archive in the list or type it directly into the search box above – the list will be filtered according to what you type. Then click on the name of the Church (parish) in the list to select.
- To the right you will find a list of volumes from your chosen parish. Look for the volume you wish to open in the list and double click it with left mouse button to open the volume.
- When the volume is opened: To browse in the volume, use the buttons -5, -1, +1 and +5 or make a specific choice in the drop-down-list between the -1 and +1-buttons
- On the installation page you will also find a guide to the program: http://www.arkivdigital.net/download/images/manual_eng/1043/Instruktion_2011-03-10-Eng.pdf
If you would like to try our new Beta-version of ADOnline, you will be able to switch to English language.
To change language select "Visa" in the menu and then "Språk/Language".
- If you are not registered with us previously, you'll need to register at: http://www.arkivdigital.net/users/register
Once you have registered, please follow the instructions below!
- If you are already registered, please log on to our website: http://www.arkivdigital.net and order your subscription by adding your subscription in the shopping basket. Go to checkout and follow the instructions there.
Note: If you have an ongoing subscription and order a new one before your current subscription has expired, your new subscription will be put on hold until your current subscription has expired.
Frequently asked questions
- Of course, we extend all current subscriptions with 2 days because of the two days free of charge (August 25-26, 2012).
- If you have any problems with the program and want help: Please try to explain as much as you can about what happends, what program version you use, what you did when it happend etc. Are there any error messages and what do they say? The more you can tell us, the easier it is for us to respond quickly to you. Use: email@example.com
- If you have ”Logga in automatiskt” (Login automatically) checked and you get an error message saying “Okänd emailadress eller lösenord” (wrong e-mail address or password), click to delete the error messages and then open the login box again through File (sv: Arkiv) menu and then click “Log In”. Now the login box appears again. Erase all information and enter your details again.
Have a great weekend and hope that you find new information.